By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Sunday, June 3, 2012

1250 Points - 4 Player FFA

I am prepping now for a 1250 FFA tournament, with some unique rules.  Each game is Kill Points with 4 total players on the board.  Each player is assigned a board edge and 1'x4' deep of dedicated deployment space.  The player across from you on the board's units are worth 3 KP each, while the ones to the side are worth 2 KP.  There is also an objective in the board center that is worth 4 KP a turn it is held.

The last time this event was held, the winner was determined based on the total KP achieved in the tournament which had some interesting effects in the later rounds when a player put up a massive score in the final round by holding the central objective.

As a Daemon player, there is a unique chance to grab that objective and to remain a low profile target, I am planning to bring a small number of very resilient units with me for the tournament.  This will reduce the shooting going into me, since 1250 points shooting into one of my units is likely to just allow another player to harvest that Kill Point.  Since special characters are allowed in this tournament, it seems like a great time to break out Fateweaver.



HQ
Fateweaver

Elite
6x Bloodcrushers of Khorne w/ Icon, Fury, Instrument
6x Fiends w/ Might

Troops
14x Plaguebearers of Nurgle
15x Daemonettes of Slaanesh

Luckily for me, I found a box of 20 Plague Zombies at a local antique dealer for 5 bucks, it was missing one zombie from the sprue but they are going to be my stand in Plaguebearers.  I am hoping that either the PB or the Crushers will sit on the objective and present an annoying, resilient and in the case of the latter deadly target for any opponent to bother with.

Expect a painting update soon, I let Diablo 3 get in the way of my painting schedule but I think I have recovered from the initial addiction.

2 comments:

  1. You found plague zombies at an antique dealer? WTF lol.

    That's gonna be a very potent list for the event depending on if you go 1st or 4th and what other people bring. It'll be interesting to see what the repeat players from last year bring now that they've experienced the format. Definitely one of the most fun events of the year.

    My concept is similar. If I go 3rd/4th, I'll drop the Mordrak bomb on the objective and surround myself with dreadknights and interceptors. If I go 1st/2nd, I'll probably murder whoever deploys closest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed about the zombies as well - I am glad I went for a run and the thought of my new Plague Bearers kept me going all 6 miles.

    I figured you were doing the Mordrak drop with Paladins when I saw you buy those terminators a few weeks ago. Last time I had the experience of being far too restricted in deployment with Daemons and I realized speed is not that critical in this kind of game - opponents are too close to one another. Dropping a unit like Daemonettes between two opponents meant they would get butchered by both and I ended up stuck in my own deployment zone.

    My plan is to primary the crushers and Fate. Secondary will include the PB and Daemonettes - the Daemonettes to backup the PB if someone does want to get stuck in with them. The Fiends will drop in depending on the opponents - but are likely to be wave 1 as well.

    ReplyDelete