By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Da Boyz GT - 1850 List - Second Thoughts


I have been doing a lot of thinking about the list I plan to bring to Da Boyz this year.  In previous years with the composition requirement, it was a bit easier to figure out what to expect - but the meta now is wide open with the inclusion of allies, flyers and fortifications.  I know Fateweaver is strong - but it pains me a bit putting my Warlord, anti-flyer and generic force multiplier into a single slot.  I am going to test the list out this Tuesday - but I am considering making a few revisions to the overall list as well.

My original list can be found here.




If I lose Fateweaver and a unit of Fiends, I can free up 513 points.  With those points I can add:

330 Points
Herald of Khorne on Juggurnaut w/ Blessing of the Blood God, Fury of Khorne
5x Bloodcrushers of Khorne w/ Fury of Khorne

110 Points
Herald of Tzeetch on Disc w/ Bolt, Master of Sorcery, We Are Legion

75 Points
5x Plaguebearers

This option is very attractive since it provides 5 more scoring bodies, 6x Bloodcrushers - who are still excellent in spite of how good Flamers are now and a Herald of Tzeetch to go with the Flamers and provide some extra anti tank shots.

The cost of this is 6x Fiends, Fateweaver and adding to my painting list 5x plagues (detailing), 6x Crushers (3 heads to paint, drybrushing, detailing) and a Herald of Tzeetch (washing, drybrushing, detailing)  Not to mention it leave my army with almost no way to deal with flyers - which has the potential to be problematic.

I need to make the decision here soon, I think a lot will hinge on how the list plays out.  Another swap I have been considering is to lose a unit of Fiends for a unit of 4 Crushers with Fury of Khorne.  These have good synergy with Fateweaver.

Part of the problem might be my recent annoying experience with overwatch that have actually wiped out some units on the charge (I know, statistically 5x Immortals should not be able to take down 3 Terminators on overwatch and another one in CC).

A thought for dealing with this might be to use the Grinders to absorb overwatch fire - especially on charges outside of melta range where there is a very low chance to actually lose the grinder to overwatch fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment