By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Thursday, September 6, 2012

1850 - New Thoughts on 1850



I spent a lot of time thinking about the list I posted the other day, and for some reason I am just not feeling it when it comes to the composition.  It has some elements I like, but I want to try something different and experiment a bit against some good competition at this weeks RTT.

The rules allow allies, fortifications and I believe terrain placement.  With that in mind I want to follow a few design rules as part of the experiment:

1 - Larger units of Daemons are the way to go this edition - especially with respect to troops
2 - Fateweaver is awesome this edition (for now at least!) and a force multiplier - but I am not bringing him
3 - The new units have incredible maneuverability and damage output - they form the new core of a daemon list
3a - I only have 6 Flamers and 9 Screamers! I have just about all else in quantity
4 - The new assault rules make having to break transports with shooting a thing of the past
5 - Other than FMC, Daemons have no good way to deal with Flyers - this reality I accept and rather than implement bad solutions, I will ignore them completely.

With that in mind, here is the initial list I plan to run - please tell me your thoughts.

Warlord: Herald of Khorne Blessings of The Blood God; Fury of Khorne; Juggernaut of Khorne 
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch - Master of Sorcery; We Are Legion; Bolt of Tzeentch; Disc of Tzeentch

Elite: 4x Bloodcrushers of Khorne
Elite: 6x Flamers of Tzeentch

Troops: 7x Plaguebearers of Nurgle
Troops: 7x Plaguebearers of Nurgle
Troops: 18x Daemonettes of Slaanesh
Troops: 18x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch w/ Changeling

Fast Attack: 9x Screamers of Tzeentch

Heavy Support: Soul Grinder of Chaos - Phlegm
Heavy Support: Soul Grinder of Chaos - Phlegm

I actually did try to hit sacred numbers as much as possible - or multiples of them at least. I was a bit torn on the Crushers versus Fiends, but I wanted a more durable Warlord for the missions and someone that could take down an enemy in a challenge. Skulltaker would be better, but I am not sure where to free the points up. Notably, I plan to DS the crushers disgustingly close to enemy lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment