By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Monday, October 1, 2012

Da Boyz Painting - Horrors (nxt 5x)

With a deadline looming I have been taking all the extra time I can to get some painting done and it is starting to show some results.  I finished these five guys last night while the wife was sleeping (and so was the little one).

 
I was actually dreading painting the banner - I was really indecisive as to what colors to use for it, but I like the way it turned out.  The warm colors of the fire against the colder blues really makes it pop.

For the rest I stayed with my organic theme, the beaks are bone the flesh is very fleshy although for these guys I used green up the arms.


 Close up shot of beaky with a dagger



This guys has all the 'herald' parts from the kit, but I still do not think he feels very 'heraldy', I do have a herald on a disc who might make an appeareance and seems much more appropriate.

I really like the way this banner turned out - I was hesitant at first to mix the silver with gold but I think it worked.  Not to mention that another color would have drawn too much focus away from the icon itself.
 
Closeup of the back three and the banner holder - the paper is there to balance the banner until I weight down the base appropriately.
 
Baby got back?
 

That is 10x horrors down from my list and I primed up the Flamers this afternoon.

Painting to Do List
9x Screamers - Primed, Basecoat
8x Horrors - Primed, Basecoat
5x Horrors - Complete
5x Horrors - Complete
9x Plaguebearers - Final Drybrush
1x Plaguebearer - Complete
6x Flamers - 6x Primed, 3x Basecoat
1x Fate Princess - Primed, Basecoat, Wash

1 comment:

  1. Lookin good. Nice blending and shading on the arms. The Icon is hot too. Maybe a light brown/black wash on the white horns of the herald?

    ReplyDelete