By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Friday, December 23, 2011

Daemonette Test Model

My painting activities of late have been a bit mixed.  Primarily because I mentally ran out of steam on some of the larger projects (the two Soul Grinders) and because I am concurrently working on a new game board - actually this is the only board I will have!  I will try to provide an update on that later, but for now I want to show off a test model for my Daemonettes.  Since I am at the in-laws this week for the Holidays, I thought it was best to leave the Slaanesh Daemon Princess at home, also I am debating on how to construct her wings right now, but more on that later.






In line with my 'organic' feel to the army I painted this Daemonette to have a very fleshy feel.  The whole model was primed black and I used:

Flesh - Basecoat Dwarf Flesh, Wash Ogryn Flesh, Wash talons/feet Leviathan purple, drybrush Elf Flesh, drybrush Rotting Flesh

Hair - Liche Purple, 50/50 Liche Purple and Bleached Bone worked up to pure bleached bone

Armor - Hawk Turqoise, Highlight Ice Blue, Wash Asurman Blue, drybrush Ice Blue (chainmail was done with Shining Gold, Drybrush Mithril Silver,Wash Leviathan Purple

Claws - drybrush Bleached Bone, drybrush 50/50 Bleached Bone/Skull White, drybrush Skull White

Comments and criticism are welcome on this model.  It is good to get the colors down here so I can remember when I go to paint the other 47...That seems like a lot, let's say the other 11 for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment