By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Soul Grinder Updates

A lack of rainy days this summer has hampered my painting but in spite of this I wanted to share some of my progress on a pair of Soul Grinders. I am starting to feel a bit of a time crunch, I want to have this army complete in time for Da boyz GT in Rochester at the end of October.  I am hoping these two models are taking longer than the rest of my 'standard' Daemons.  If not there is no way I will make my deadline!

I have yet to name my SG's, I am thinking this one will be named Lick though since I am working to incorporate a Green Stuff tongue with the model (both may have them though so any ideas of tongue related names would be good).

SG Lick-Front
Additions from last time include some more highlighting on the base a tongue GS'ed from the mouth (it only has its basecoat) and basecoating on the blades.  I think I am going to change the blade color, however, and make them gold to match how the armor plates are going to look.

SG 2 - Front

This is the second SG I have been working on and the progress on him has been more significant.  In this view you can see the blades and front armor plates done in NMM style.  I am not super happy with how the blades came out, but I am not sure exactly how I would change them either.  I held a knife up to a lamp to watch the patterns of the glow and this mimics that but I think the blending needs to be smoother.  Also, they look much better when the armor plates are added to the legs - plates in the next picture.

SG-2-Plates
I really like how these are coming out. I have some more NMM silver to finish on the edging but the green glow effect turned out really well.  They should look similar to this image when they are done.

SG-2-Armguard
In this picture you can see the silver skull on the SG's armguard, contrasting with the gold one from Lick.  also, the shading of the recesses on the body, as well as, the armguard in green come out.  In addition to this NMM I also worked to do it on the engine and gun barrel shown in the next two pics.











That is all for now, and as always tips for painting improvement are always welcome.  I have really enjoyed working on these SG so far, I think they have really stretched me as a painter.  The progress (in my opinion) is obvious considering I did the Engine and Armguard last, as compared to the SG blades as one of my initial NMM attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment