By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Monday, July 11, 2011

Soul Grinder and Daemon Princess Update

It has been a while since my last update, my wife and I are in the process of buying a new warhammer room, I mean house, and that has taken its toll.  I have not, however, been idle during that entire time (only part of it) and I have managed to ping away at the soul grinders a bit more and to get some GS done on the Daemon Princess.

Here are a pair of updates on the Soul Grinders


Soul Grinder - Front


If you have been following (or remember for that matter), I have added highlights and the blades have their basecoat for NMM silver.  I also finished off some other assorted washes on the remaining flesh tones.

Soul Grinder - Rear
Another shot of the rear, this time the body is basecoated, highlighted up and washed.  There is still some primer showing, but much less than before.
Soul Grinder - Front
A shot of the second soul grinder.  The purple basecoat is down and I took a different approach for this one by shading the inside of the legs first which I think was the right way to go.  They do not come out well in this picture, but the mechanical arm and body armor have a lighter purple, almost pink, highlight which I plan to hit the bottom purple with as well.  This evening I will also finish washing those flesh tones to bring them to that same stunning fleshy color as the rest of the body!

Soul Grinder - Rear
The back shows off more of the highlights and you can see the engine block which will be NMM silver as well, the blades have their base coat as well.

The Daemon Princess that I ordered from Sersi (check out his stuff on Dakka it is great!) has finally been assembled.  I put it off because I was unsure how I was going to handle the wings.  I ended up drilling her back and putting in some metal studs.  These interface with some green stuff expanded wings.

Daemon Princess - Rear
Here is a front shot of her, I added the necklace with a half moon, I thought it, errr, accentuated her figure. a bit.  I also cleaned up some mold lines and gaps in the cast with other greenstuff spots.

Daemon Princess - Front
Projects for the coming week are completing the NMM on the purple grinder and I would like to get the shield on its arm done, as well as, the rest of the claw assembly.  Hopefully I will be able to snap some pics before I take off for Vegas next week (it is a work trip I swear!).

No comments:

Post a Comment