By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Monday, May 30, 2011

Soul Grinder Update

Soul grinder - Front View


I have been plugging away at the Soul Grinder (SG) I showed a month or so ago.  To anyone who loves models with a ton of details and opportunities to practice a several different techniques...mainly dry brushing actually!  Anyway, I completed some NMM gold on the front and side of the model, as well as, some NMM silver for the gun barrel.  The overall model right now still has some 'blank' sections where I have not even blocked in the base coat yet, and I am waiting to finish up the main body to do those features.  Here is a picture of one of the almost complete legs.

Walker Leg

This leg has the green highlighting complete and I plan to NMM silver the two blades.  the chaos symbol and the bottom of the leg will be NMM Gold with the purple regions blended to a Slaaneshi pink in the center.  The flesh tones blocked out need to be washed and made to look more 'fleshy' like the rest of the main body. Now that I look at it I do have a ton of work to do on it!  At least the arm seen below is complete.

Soul Grinder Crushing Arm

Now that i am posting this I remember that this arm is not done, luckily you cannot see the small bit of tubing on the other side I still need to paint.  I really like how this came out overall and it is too bad noone ever gets to see the Daemon face on the side of it from the table!

With some diligence this week I think I will be able to get the rest of the highlighting complete on the body (all but one leg has been blended up to the point of the final highlight in Scorpion green) so I can start in on the NMM of all the gears and blades which takes a little while but I really enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment