By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Sunday, May 29, 2011

KoS - Finishing Touches

With the Soul Grinder presenting so much work, I figured I would get one mini (mostly) mentally off my plate.  That is the Keeper of Secrets that I had some touch up to do and some basing to finish.  the idea is that this whole army is on stage, so I added a little stage scenery to the base and I redid the sword to have a purple sheen to it rather than a central gold band like it had before.  Here are the results.

Keeper of Secrets - front



Keeer of Secrets - back

I am pretty pleased with the results overall on the keeper, it was definitely a growing experience in terms of painting and modeling.  The last touch I want to add is to firm up the base by putting a thin layer of clear resin over it so that it has a bit of a sheen and is protected from normal wear and tear.  The other nice thing about this model is it is magnetized to the base so that I can (eventually) use it as part of a fantasy army or maybe it will have a more exotic place on its eventual display base!

I should have another update with the Soul Grinder progress tomorrow, I did not realize how far it had come until I took a look at the last set of pictures I had posted.  In the future I am going to have to set some better benchmarks for myself for uploading pictures to show the overall progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment