By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Painting Update-Fiends/Crushers


It has been a while since I posted any painting.  This should not be taken as a statement that I have not been painting at all.  Instead, it should be taken as a statement that I have not been making much progress in my painting.

That may have to do with the birth of my daughter and her constant (adorable) demands for attention.  To make this a mega painting update, I also started that first Bloodcrusher (once again my daughter is interfering with my painting schedule!) and the Purple/Black base of the crusher is complete.  I intend to bring the brown up to a gold color using some drybrushing to achieve that NMM effect (this is the same effect I used on the statues for the chapel).  Here is what I have so far...






(A little tough to see the color on the tablecloth, actually he goes pretty well with it...)


So this is a Bloodcrusher primed Grey with a basecoat of chaos black on the body, Liche purple on the armour  plates and Snakebite for the NMM.  I used shadow gray mixed with chaos black to highlight the edges, and then added more black and drybrushed the transition to make it smoother.  I did not like the initial edge I had on the highlight but I think this turned out pretty well.  I am tempted to use a drybrush of shadow gray to make the edges pop a bit more.  For the armor I added Liche Purple to the Chaos Black/Shadow Gray mixture in two doses to shade in the dark spots and then do some more drybrushing.  This I am going to highlight with some Warlock Purple.

The rider is based with Deneb Stone and is going to get a wash of Leviathon followed by more Deneb mixed with some skull white to bring up the color.  I will post the finished test model tonight (hopefully) if I can get some painting in with the in-laws in town.

I finally had a chance to finish (before basing) a second unit of Fiends.  I think they may need one more highlight on the flesh to bring the color up, but your comments/feedback would be appreciated.










No comments:

Post a Comment