By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fiends Progress - 2 of 6

Seeing all the great painting at the tournament last weekend inspired me to get to it and try to work a bit each night to complete some more minis in my Daemon army.  I had been working on the Fiends for about a week but I made a ton of progress over the last few days and figured I would share.  I wanted to stay with my general theme for these models so they are green, and purple with dominant flesh/natural tones for the rest of the body.  Here are the results...

Fiend - Front



Fiend - Left
Fiend - Right Side


Slightly different from the original, this fiend has red eyes, I plan to do different colored eyes for each (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple).  Also looking at the above picture I realized I need to highlight the 'fur' on the front legs of the fiend.

Fiend - Front

Fiend - Left

Fiend - Right
In addition to these I also have a shot of my WIP fiends (I have another 4 primed as well) and I wanted to show a bit of the 'contrast' in their progression.

Left Partly Finished - Right Two Basecoated


Left two Primed - Right Three Partly Finished 
With some good painting this weekend I should finish my first set of 6 Fiends (I will show a group shot) and be able to get back to my soulgrinders.  Doing these fiends has helped me understand painting the flesh tones I want a bit better and I think I will drybrush them with first Dwarf Flesh and then a finer highlight of Elf Flesh. I am still on the fence about how to paint the body itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment