By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Saturday, March 19, 2011

1250 Last Man Standing List

Tonight I will be heading out to a lock in at my FLGS where the feature event is going to be a last man standing tournament.  Each game is played on a 5'x5' board with a single objective in the center (worth 3 points per player turn held) and 4 players (each allowed a 1250 point army).  Winners are determined based on the sum of Kill Points, Objective points and remaining Kill Points at the end of a 5 turn game.  The order of a turn is randomly determined.  The full rules can be found here



My priorities here are, therefore, units that are killy but also more durable.  I want to avoid high profile targets and preferably use units that take multiple wounds/shots to kill them.  That way my opponents are less inclined to start shooting at my units, fearing an enemy might finish the job if they cannot.  To that end the list I plan to bring is...

HQ - 180
Herald of Slaanesh - 75
w/ Chariot, Unholy Might, Transfixing Gaze

The Masque




Elite - 360
6x Fiends of Slaanesh

6x Fiends of Slaanesh



Troop - 504
12x Daemonettes of Slaanesh

12x Daemonettes of Slaanesh

12x Daemonettes of Slaanesh


Fast Attack - 204
12x Seekers of Slaanesh

I wanted ot keep everything on the correct sacred number for Slaanesh (multiples of 6 if possible).  I was debating running my Keeper of Secrets, but he seemed to be a high profile target and the Chariot is fairly powerful in spite of being only 75 points.  Those chariots have actually grown on me quite a bit so far.    Otherwise, I tried for units that will require a large number of shots to take down and I want to run  my Fiends in Wave 2 if I am faced with armies with significant small arms fire.  I also want to leverage my opponents ability to wreck one anothers tanks as well and with this list there really are not good targets for anti tank weapons.

As an aside my vision for The Masque is to sow chaos, maybe bring to opponents right next to one another or to setup some disgusting  multi charges.

I will be sure to provide an update as to how it goes, which will likely be my first battle report.

No comments:

Post a Comment