By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

1000 points - Slaanesh in 6th Edition

I referred to a number of the changes made to the rules for 6th edition and their impact on Daemons here

For this army I want to head back to my roots as a purely Slaanesh player - partially because I think they have become really really good - but mainly because the reasons I stopped playing them have partially disappeared.  (you try rolling a 6, 6, 3+, 5+ to kill a moving vehicle for a few weeks and see how you feel about it).  The new Slaanesh list I am going to start with is:



HQ
Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Mount w/ Pavane of Slaanesh
Herald of Slaanesh w/ Soporofic Musk, Pavane of Slaanesh

Elite
6x Fiends of Slaanesh

Troops
17x Daemonettes w/ Icon of Chaos
12x Daemonettes

Fast
-

Heavy Support
Daemon Princess w/ Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Slaanesh, Aura of Acquiescence, Pavane of Slaanesh

The Princess can enter play either on the ground or in the air as appropriate while one herald joins the Fiends for wound allocation (the one on the mount) and to add a Pavane to the unit.  The other joins the 17x Daemonettes to add a Pavane, push wounds to the back of the unit and to give the unit Hit and Run.

I know this list is not an 'optimal' build - if I was going for a power list 2x units of Fiends are still a must and I would swap out the Princess for a big unit of Seekers while dropping both HQ for The Masque to abuse Pavane.  That list will come out to play a bit later - but for now I like the potential on this one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun. One thing I have used to great success in 6th is a flying prince with breath of chaos. If you combine with with a pavine then you could just fly around and roast everyone.

    ReplyDelete