By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Friday, May 11, 2012

1000 Point Random Partners Tourney

After much consideration I finally decided on a 1000 point list for tomorrow's 'Random Team' tournament.  Remember the requirements for the tournament are - no replication, no special characters, 1 HQ, 1-3 Troop and up to 2 choices from the other slots.  Nova style missions. First the list, then some rationale:

HQ
Keeper of Secrets

Elite
6x Fiends of Slaanesh
4x Bloodcrushers w/ full kit

Troops
12x Daemonettes
5x Horrors w/ Bolt

Heavy
Daemon Princess w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Pavane, Iron Hide, Aura of Acquiescence

I was a bit restricted in what I could take to this due to my limited diversity of painted minis (I have 2 Grinders done, 12x Fiends for example).  I really wanted to take Seekers instead of the Daemon Princess (and instead of the Bloodcrushers), but the steeds are just about done for them while their riders are still languishing on the sprue.

With that in mind I want to saturate the board with high toughness units (or to have the option to drop in some standard units as well if I face a lot of poison before it goes down).  I am relying on my opponent to help open transport vehicles - but in my experience at these kinds of events players tend to bring more foot heavy armies (nothing like being blown off the board Turn 1 while your opponents Gaunts point and laugh) and there tends to be a shortage of special weapons.  I expect this to be exacerbated by the 0-1 restriction on individual selections which should help make my big guys last a bit longer.

Even if they do perish in a firey death, I will be putting a lot of pressure on our opponenets and even in standard team tournaments people tend to 'play their own army,' which will hopefully make dealing with my in your face Daemons a bit more difficult.

Tonight though, I have some final prep work to do on the crushers.  I have the other 3 basecoated, magnetized and generally ready to go for this tournament.  Unfortunately, they are not all going to be at the quality of my first model by game time.  I blame a leaky kitchen sink that I spent 3 nights fixing along with two electrical outlets that were not to code that had to be rewired.

No comments:

Post a Comment