By that sin fell the angels. How can man then, the image of his maker hope to win by it?

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slaanesh Awakes!

I have tried a few times to begin a Warhammer 40k blog, but it seems every time I stumble at the 'choose a name' page.  This time, however, I have finally come up with an interesting name that will draw 1980's fans and maybe some warhammer fans alike.  This blog will chronicle the development of my Slaanesh themed Daemon army and is broken into categories discussing list building, strategy/tactics, painting and modeling.  I would like to start by discussing my current (partly painted) collection and the army list I plan to populate.

I plan to complete painting of this army in time for the 2011 DaBoyz tournament which is a composition heavy event.  As a part of the DaBoyz gaming group, I ascribe to their gaming philosophy (found here).  The army I am building mirrors this philosophy in its formulation - mainly it is representative of Codex: Chaos Daemons while remaining faithful to Slaanesh.  Without further adiue I present my initial army list for painting and playing.

HQ
Keeper of Secrets
Herald of Slaanesh - Chariot, Might, Musk, Icon
The Masque

Elites
6x Fiends of Slaanesh
6x Fiends of Slaanesh

Troops
12x Daemonettes of Slaanesh
12x Daemonettes of Slaanesh
6x Daemonettes of Slaanesh
6x Daemonettes of Slaanesh

Fast
12x Seekers of Slaanesh

Heavy
1x Soulgrinder
1x Soulgrinder
1x Daemon Prince

Tomorrow I will provide some pictures to demonstrate the style I plan to use for this army in a painting article and discuss how I achieved the effects.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see another 40K daemon blog get up and running! I'm looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete